-Ginny to Marco
-Marco's letter to Ginny (compiled)
So Ginny was a student who fall in love to her teacher Marco.Well,she's not that the kind of girl who just wait for miracles to happen.She's a risk taker and who would do everything to get what she wanted on her own terms.
She was the one who pursued Marco.She cornered him one day in school and told him she loved him infront of the architecture building near the fountain.
Ginny's parents separated.She stays with her dad while her mom resides in Barcelona.
After college,she was confronted with a huge decision.To study architecture abroad meaning living Marco behind as suggested by her mother.
Ginny was surprised and excited.Marco on the other hand treated her harshly and doesn't seem to have any care in the world anymore but Ginny believes there's a reason why they met again.
Determined to win him over again,she did everything she could to be able to talk to him despite the multiple rejections of her proposal for the project.
She pushed Marco to the edge until he got infuriated and told her everything he wanted to tell her.That includes the pain of wanting to die ever single day when she left him.And they ended making out.Coping up sex.I don't know what that is.
The first make out scene and kissing scene Toni ever did.
And just as Toni was lamenting she lost the project,Patty liked her design so Marco has no choice but to approve.Patty called Ginny to meet her so they can discuss the project.
And that started the weird tensed working environment.
Marco was torn. Ginny still hopeful and sure that Marco will chose her over Patty.Things between them and Marco neutralize and they started spending some time together to which Ginny assumed he must still loved her.She had high hopes that this could be her chance to win him again.
Much to Ginny's surprise,Patty only brought up something that she and Marco could argue with to keep him off so she can work on her surprise for him on their anniversary.
Ginny blatantly confronted her in the kitchen begging Patty to let go of Marco because she's sure he still loves her.And also telling Patty she slept with him.
Patty said "In love there's no fear" and that she trusted and love Marco because that's the foundation of their relationship before she stormed out of the kitchen when Ginny admitted she slept with Marco.
Realizing what she did,Ginny followed Patty to apologize causing an accident.The slobs collapse and hit them both knocking them unconscious.A torn Marco felt the need to have a heart to heart talk to both of them.
In the hospital,a guilty and pained Marco was asked by Patty to be fair and chose between them.Marco went to visit Ginny and told her he chose Patty because he cannot imagine loosing Patty in his life,that Patty is her future and Ginny is his past and a huge part of his life that he can't unlove.
And when Ginny asked Marco how to unlove him,Marco told her he cannot help her with that because He will always love her.Only,in a different way now.
And Ginny got the answer to all her longings and wonderment why they met again.CLOSURE.So they can both move on.So they can rest the past and face the future and live at the moment.
And just as I thought it's finish,the last part cracks me up because of the guesting of Vhong,Luiz,Sam and Direk Paul Soriano,her current IRL boyfriend.
Also.Marco proposed to Patty and she said yes!
Marco: Ihahatid na kita!Halika na
Ginny: If you insist,how can I resist?
Marco: Saan ba dorm mo?
Ginny:Ah,pag weekends,dun ako sa papa ko sa Batangas
Ginny: Ah! sabi mo,ihahatid mo ako,wala ng bawian!
MY THOUGHTS ON THE MOVIE
Akala mo kung sinong maganda,puro ka naman PANGA!
-Ginny having self talk-
It felt like the beginning and the ending was more of Tony's personal life.It reminds me of that commercial she did years ago before she got discovered.The last part was funny in a way because I keep wondering what's the real deal with those guys that are linked with Tony.That scene where Marco went to see Ginny for a closure and they part ways peacefully.And I was so emotional and all when all of a sudden,I burst out laughing when out of no where Vhong was there pretty much just like how he is in real life. Luiz also had an appearance where he seemed captivated only,he was gay.Sam Milby was there and finally her real life boyfriend Paul also had an apperance.It was funny how all these guys really made a short appearance in the end knowing all of them were all linked to her before.
Actually,the movie is so much better in a lot of ways.It was worth watching! I would like to make a review by highlighting my favorite parts of the movie
TONY & PIOLO'S INDIVIDUAL CHARACTER
- Tony is one of the few local celebrities that I admire.I love her even before she joined ABS CBN.I just like her timeless sense of humor,her wit and of course her comedic mannerisms.She really cracks me up even without saying anything.That's how she's good with her facial expressions.She has that charm to make you laugh at the same time cry and then laugh again.When she's broke,you can feel it really deep and heavy the same time when she's being funny,it's effortless.
- I loved her character in this movie as Ginny.She's uniquely funny awkward,straightforward,determined and she's that girl who would do everything to get what she wanted,including the man she loves and the career she wanted.She was also the one who courted and pursued Marco.In college,she courted him and years after when they reconnect,she pursued him again.She was also insanely dangerous because sometimes,she can really cross the line just to get what she wanted.That scene when she confronted Patty in the kitchen asking her to give way knowing she's Marco's present girlfriend? Wow,her confidence and insanity combined got them both hurt and hospitalized,finally got her closure.
I also loved IZZA CALZADO'S role as Patty.May I say Kudos to those who are in charge of CASTING because they nailed it.Izza's beauty fits her character.She's beautiful as ever and her face and her voice really fits her character as Patty.It's really refreshing to watch a love triangle where the typical "sabunutan" or "binuhusan ng tubig " or endless stalking and crying scenes.I mean I like Patty's character as classy.When Ginny confronted her,she played it coolly like she didn't lose her shit at all even if she might have felt collapsing at the moment.
Marco: Are you flirting with me?
Ginny: Do you want me to?!
GAVE ME IDEAS
- I know this is just a movie but I wonder how many people who watched this actually went online and tried searching for that "LetterLater" thing.It was kinda funny but it gave me fresh idea on how I'll be writing my diary moving forward.Instead of this narrative thing,I can just make a letter to myself.A positive one and the lessons learned from each experience so in the future,when I get back to them I have something to reflect on.In fact,I thought of starting writing letters of empowerment to myself.In some ways,I'm like Marco.Really mediocre.Really afraid to move out of comfort zone.Also,when I love,I give my all that when they leave,it hurts really well because I feel like they took everything with them.It also made me realize that perhaps,the best way to get back at someone is to be be better and be awesome.
- I like the values implied in the movie and how it is realistic it was.I'm so use to old love stories where the main characters ended happily together.If we are lucky that non of the leading characters died in the end for saving either one of them.It's a fresh breath to really see a movie in a more realistic matured way.Marco and Ginny didn't end up together but you don't feel bitter like how they usually end most of the movies.It makes you accept the ending.There's so much reality in the story.So much maturity I must say and I think it's genius.
- It promotes "never say never attitude".That perseverance Ginny has in life and love for education is inspiring.I also love the HISTORY part of Sta Ana and I really wonder if it was a fact or it's just made for the movie.
- There's still those classic "catch me" scenes where girl drops something and both tried to reach out and stared at each other's eyes for so long.Or girl was doing something,falls down and boy catches her.There's also still this "nag aral ako abroad" then comes home to establish business.Like it gives one higher class when they attend school abroad.
The KITCHEN SCENE
- This is where Ginny suggested he should pursue a career as Chef.And Marco ended kissing him seductively.That was so H-O-T packed with a million watt kilig moments for me!
- It's raw emotions and I admire PIOLO'S acting skill more and more.He's full of rage at the same time adoration and you can feel that pain while he deliver those words that Ginny had been longing to hear from him.
THAT CONFRONTATION WITH PATTY.EVEN BEGGING HER TO LET GO OF MARCO
- I just loved how Izza played her character.So calm and classy during the confrontation
- That convie in the hospital after the accident where Ginny and Marco finally had that "CLOSURE" that FREED the three of them and finally moved on.
Sometimes,all you need is a closure so you can move on.
In love,there is no fear-Patty
Ginny:“I deserve an explanation. I need an acceptable reason…dahil trinabaho ko yun. Dahil pinagpuyatan ko yan. I invested my time.”
Ginny: How do I unlove you?
Marco: I don''t know.I can't answer that because I can't UNLOVE you.I just love you in a different way now.
Marco: “I’ve always love how food preserves a memory.”
Ginny: Ah,pati sa pagkain History!
“Adik ka na naman sa pag-asa eh. Try mo na kaya lumaklak ng realidad?”
“How can you not forgive someone who made you a better person?” -Marco
thanks to my source for the lines: